- Data Sheets
- Section 2 - The Physical Environment: Window and Door System U-values: Provision of Certified Data (ref: 2.2)
Section 2 - The Physical Environment: Window and Door System U-values: Provision of Certified Data (ref: 2.2)
Section 2 - The Physical Environment
Window and Door System U-values: Provision of Certified Data
Data Sheet 2.2
This three page datasheet has been prepared by the GGF after consultation with other trade organisations. It describes methods of assessing and reporting the thermal performance of windows and doors. This version supersedes the earlier (March 2002) edition. Changes have been incorporated to relate to the window U-value requirements of Building Regulations Approved Documents for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. As these regulations are regularly updated, care should be taken to ensure that the current minimum criteria are met.
The datasheet has two objectives;
1. To enable interested parties to establish whether windows and doors satisfy the U-value requirements of Building Regulations Approved Documents for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
2. To provide a fair means by which comparisons can be made between the performances of different window and door systems.
This Datasheet describes how to provide data on;
• The thermal performance of the component parts of windows and doors, which will enable subsequent calculation of U values of complete window and door assemblies to be
determined by simple arithmetical operations.
• Reference U-values for different types of windows and doors, enabling them to be compared on a fair basis.
The data sheet defines the methods of calculation, simulation and measurement available, and describes the circumstances in which each method is to be used. Curtain walling and other structural glazing are not within the scope of this document. The effects of thermal bridging at the interface with the building envelope, solar radiation and heat transfer by air leakage are excluded.
Published November 2014
GGF members save on average over 75%* on GGF shop products, savings vary per product.
Non-member price – per item
Member price – per item
SPECIAL BULK DISCOUNTS
All GGF Members wishing to order over 1000 copies of any individual product, please email the GGF Marketing Department at email@example.com for special bulk discounts.
*based on a collective average across all available products including bulk prices.
Customers also viewed
Section 2 - The Physical Environment: A Guide to the Design of Fire Resistant Glazed Screens and Partitions to comply with the Requirements for Impact and Crowd Loads (ref: 2.9)£50.00
Section 4 - Products, Glazing Techniques and Maintenance: Basic Putty Fronting Glazing Techniques for Single Glazing (ref: 4.1)£50.00
Section 2 - The Physical Environment: A Guide to Best Practice in the Specification and Use of Fire Resistant Glazed Systems (ref: 2.8)£50.00
Section 4 - Products, Glazing Techniques and Maintenance: Curved Glass Part 1: Generalities - Terminology, Properties and Basis of Measurement and Test (ref: 4.12.1)£50.00